May 2, 2013

Get this out of here!

Have you noticed how so much of the food we purchase at the store is not food at all? Sometimes I look at the ingredients and have no idea what they are. What am I putting in my mouth? And what will those "foods" do to my body and my mind? I wonder if many of the diseases we have are caused by all the chemicals we consume for our nutrition. 

When we lived in New Mexico we had an ant hill in our backyard, so I thought it would be good to study the ants with my son. There are lots of great lessons to be learned from the ants, and one has to do with food. We used to break tiny pieces of my homemade bread and put it around their nest. It was cool to see them grab those small pieces and carry them to their home. One day we used store brand bread that we had been purchasing. It was 100% whole wheat, so it should be healthier, right? I had never read the ingredients and at the time wasn't that interested in knowing them either. But the ants changed everything. We broke little pieces and waited to see our little bug friends start taking them to their nest, but they would not take them. We would move the bread right in front of the ants, but they would not pick them up! A few ants were brave enough to touch those little pieces of bread and carried them away from their home. Get this thing out of here!

Needless to say, that was the last time we bought store brand bread and started making homemade bread more often!

And that should be with anything we eat. If we are what we eat, what have we been? Food coloring, high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, benzosomething?

Make a review of what you ate today and then strive to eat real food tomorrow.

 http://chelseablogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Depositphotos_1480737_L.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment