December 28, 2016

Simple face scrub

A few days ago I was watching a video of the evening beauty routine of a celebrity make up artist. The video was 8 minutes long and I know it was edited. The woman sharing her beauty routine used 8-10 different products on her face. That must've taken her way longer than 8 minutes to apply. I can't and don't want to dedicate so much time to a beauty routine. Most of the nights I go to sleep when I can't stay up any longer. A beauty routine is usually the last thing on my mind. I just want to go to bed!

Most of the nights I just wash my face with a moisturizing soap and apply either olive or coconut oil to my skin. But it is nice to get pampered once in a while, so I've been on a quest to find simple, quick, and healthy products that I can make at home and that deliver good results without all the added unknown ingredients.
I'm sharing with you one of such products with easy to find ingredients that you can quickly make at home. 

Exfoliating rids your skin of dead cells and makes it feel smooth and healthy. This scrub must be used gently on clean face and you can use any left over to scrub your hands too.


Lavender Face Scrub

1 tbs sugar
1 tbs coconut oil
3-5 drops of lavender essential oil

Melt the coconut oil slightly in the microwave and mix well the rest of the ingredients. Rub the mixture gently on your clean face. Use any extra to exfoliate your hands. Wash your face and hands with cool water and pat it dry. You can then apply to your skin the moisturizer of your choice and enjoy healthy skin with the soft perfume of lavender. The lavender smell is great to get you relaxed and ready for bed. Use this scrub once a week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment